Throughout my life, I have been introduced to entrepreneurship in many ways. I have many stories to provide but I will recall one of my favorites stories to why entrepreneurship speaks to me. I came to America ten years ago, from Lebanon. My dad did not how to speak any English, we migrated to find a better life, receive better education and to be around our family members that have already migrated to the United States. My dad had to work his way up in this country without any handouts to protect and feed 6 members of his family. He was the only bread gainer in the household as my mom was making sure all our needs were taken care of at home. My dad had to go out in a completely foreign country and use his skills to earn money. My dad was an interior designer back home, and he had to start with what he already knew. My dad got involved with a few groups around Jacksonville and introduced himself to self made companies and he needed to speak English, and or minimum pay and it was not enough to my dad. My dad then started his own company remodeling houses because nothing else was working out for him and he needed to act fast to start earning money. My dad then made sure his job was up to par compared to the competition that he had. Fast forward three years later, my dad started hiring people under him because he sold himself enough to people to where he started getting jobs due to word of mouth. I think about this concept all the times because it took the entrepreneurship in my dad to go out of his comfort zone, start something new in his life, do the job correctly, and maintaining his reputation around town. That to me has made me feel that there was never an excuse to why we cannot meet a goal, or beat the odds that are ahead of us because there will always be a way and entrepreneurship explains that process with steps.
The main reason why I signed up for this course was because it was a requirement in my minor, but I did choose to take it before any other required class because the class description made me feel as if I was going to see those steps right on paper and that I was going to come out of this class with an idea, or a process to push my idea out to the real world.

I'm also taking this class to help with my own entrepreneurial skills for the future. I do believe that being an entrepreneur means getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new and hard. The greatest ideas and things come from entrepreneurs that allow our society to grow.
ReplyDelete