Tuesday, February 18, 2020

11A Idea Napkin



The elements do fit together. I have a product that many users can benefit from worldwide, and it could potentially help us remove plastic straws from our marine lives. If we invest in my straws and make it a law to only use paper straws, then we would not have any plastic straws being produced and my paper straw idea will flourish because it will be favored more than the regular paper straw.

3 comments:

  1. Mickel,
    Nice job fitting this assignment on a literal napkin! I'm curious about section 5, how would your straw "melt" faster, what does this mean, what makes this quality desirable? While the end goal might be world domination, you may want to start with a focus on your sphere of direct influence: which specific restaurants in town have an immediate, or near-future, need for your straws? After you've nailed the market within a 5 mile radius of where you live, then you will probably have an easier time expanding your market to say a 10 mile radius. Eventually, you may make it global.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mickel! I really like how you completed this assignment on an actual napkin, that was very clever! I think your business is really on brand, especially here in Gainesville, because straws have become a very controversial topic. Making straws totally illegal would make your straw idea flourish because it would be only of the only options left. Have you thought of the steps and process you would need to go about to get this done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mickel,
    I wish I used this format for my assignment! While I appreciate the environmentally-conscious aspect of paper straws, they are very flawed in design as they are now. I think your idea is fantastic, because I often eat out and have to deal with paper straws. I am curious what you mean by "melt faster" being an extra benefit to the product.

    ReplyDelete