Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Practicing Opportunity Identification, Cont.

1) * Amazon stock went up by 7%
    * Tesla Stock is soaring
    * Age limit for tobacco product in the US
    * Paper Straws 



2) A) Amazon stock going up is found on any source but I found mine on stocks from my phone.
    B) An opportunity exists because anyone who has an amazon stock just got richer and the brand its self is going to gain more popularity because more news sources are covering this topic. 
   C) Investors and the inventor are both profiting off of this. CEO Jeff Bezos gained a few billion dollars because he owns 51% of the shares and anyone who has a stock in Amazon such as employees, regular stock holders, will benefit from this. 
   D) The opportunity is getting harder because now it costs more money to buy the same stock that was worth 1700, which goes for 2000 now. But it is easier for the people who already have the stock. 


 A) Tesla is only growing from today, and since the last few months, they've seen a 300% growth to their company.
B) An opportunity exists because money is involved. Tesla is only gaining more success and achieving higher numbers every year and that is growth for the people whom are interested in Tesla, and or the creators of Tesla. 
C) The customer of this opportunity is anyone who drives a car, anyone who has a Tesla stock, the inventors of Tesla, the brand, the companies around Tesla etc. 
D) The opportunity is getting easier because Tesla wants everyone in on it, they are producing vehicles that are cheaper than their budget to have the brand Tesla more visible to the world. If you are smart, and you know what you are doing then it is easy but if you are just wanting to go in without any money or information, then the opportunity is hard to exploit. 


A) Age limit for tobacco has been regulated throughout all of the US and you now have to be over the age of 21 to purchase any tobacco products. 
B) An opportunity exists because we have smokers more than every now, and anyone who is in between the age of 18-21 that smokes now cannot purchase any products which leads to a market. 
C) The customers to be honest are the companies producing these vapes to sell them to teens, anyone who smokes, and they are the ones who suffer the most. 
D) The opportunity is hard because it is illegal to sell to "minors" since it was a federal law and not a state law. 


A) Paper straws are in every restaurant.
B) An opportunity exists because the customers are unhappy with the alternative and there has to be a different material or a different straw that we can use that is similar to plastic but does not harm the earth. 
C) The customer in this opportunity is the consumer, every person who eats out is being effected by this and therefore it makes the general population the customer. 
D) The opportunity is hard and easy. It is hard because you now have to get the straws to be FDA approved in order to serve them, but it needs to be cheaper than paper and plastic straws. It is easy because entrepreneurs are everywhere in this world and someone will come up with an idea to solve this issue, it has not been solved yet, in Gainesville atleast.

3) A) I am personally into stocks, and if i had one stock with amazon before they spiked up then I would be rich. A lot of people are not into stocks and if so, they do not have the money to put in because they have bills and a life to live, therefore it is hard to invest. 

  B) I know many people who drive Tesla and many people have stocks in Tesla and they see the insane amount of technology that is going on behind their vehicles. I see this opportunity because not everyone can afford the Tesla, and if so they do not understand enough about it to make money off of it. 

C) Many people do see the opportunity here but they do not know how to get around the age restriction because it is a federal law. Smoke shops are already trying to get rid of the vapes that teens would buy because their older customers want something different. I see it because I now cannot buy any products because I am not 21. 

D) Many people see the Paper straw opportunity but they have yet to find a material that can be approved and be put in restaurants. I myself tried to come up with a new idea for straws, and I used wax on paper straw in order for the tip to be glazed and not get soggy. I see the opportunity because it effects me because I am the one that rejects the paper straws. 







1 comment:

  1. Hi Mickel,
    I think you identified four great opportunities here! I also chose to include the opportunity about Tesla's stock price in my blog post. I don't currently own any, but I have been researching the stock market recently, because I am eager to invest and my mom was a stock broker. Maybe I will learn something in the future from your blog!

    ReplyDelete