Tuesday, April 14, 2020

26A

1) As the current semester comes to an end, I have reflected on the past few months and I have failed many times. My biggest failure is not receiving an A in this course. This is my biggest failure of this semester because I will receive an A average in all my other courses and if I had completed one more assignment in this course, then I would have received that A I was wishing for. There was a few assignments I could not do due to life problems, but that is no excuse and now I am sitting here with that 89.3

2) I learned that I should not be as mad as much as I am because I did not put in my complete one hundred into this course to receive that A. I have work, other classes, family problems, bills, and things that distract me from being the best version of myself. I have learned that I can either get stuck on this and allow this issue to effect me or I move on and work harder. 

3) I do not try to let failure faze me but depending on the situation, it can. I have always been the person to try new things, and take risks but failure is the reason to why I do not do such things. I am afraid of failing at the one thing I strive to do my best in school and receive a degree but there are many stops along the way that could possibility shut me down. For example, if I do not pass my bar exam, I would have to wait 6 months to try again and that is failure time lost to try again. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mickel,
    I agree with you that one of my biggest failures was not receiving an A in this course as well. I feel like I was so focused on my other classes that were more difficult, so I sometimes forgot to stay on top of assignments in this class. I have definitely learned from this mistake and will make sure to not take advantage of easy classes in the future. However, I do agree with you on the fact that I can't be mad because there are other things going on in my life as well. I think you have a really good grasp on failure and how to handle it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mickel! I have been in your position before with another class I took last year and it is very frustrating. It seems you are able to learn from this failure and move on to work harder at your other classes. Being able to balance everything is such a challenge but it is important to learn the life lessons of time management and prioritizing to be able to achieve everything you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mickel, this course has been kinda terrifying in regards to the grading scheme. With every assignment equally weighted, it's been pretty easy to hemorrhage points. At the end of the day though, the grade doesn't define you. It doesn't even represent to what degree you've learned the material in the course. Hopefully, in this case, you've learned a lot! Keep on pushing and doing your best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mickel,
    I don't think that you should beat yourself up over such a thing. A lot of this course was very tedious and you have to dedicate a lot fo time to it. If you are receiving a lot of other very good grades then I wouldn't beat myself up. College be hard sometimes and that's okay.

    ReplyDelete